The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
If it doesn't show up, nothing will happen, unfortunately. I hate how they get away with this behavior without repercussions: yes, this is something stupid to be upset about (videogames man, serious business!), but I don't think their fans deserve being treated like that for so long without them trying to appease them.

That's why I think that, apart from being so null when it comes to manage this game's marketing, there may be some serious shit behind the scenes (something not surprising at all).

Actually, Jason Schreier from Kotaku mentioned that Tabata said something about their struggles with XV (maybe a word or two, S-E ninjas wouldn't allow him speak about XV).

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=887045

Both XV and Type-0 are missing from SE's TGS lineup.
FF15 wasn't on their list when they did that surprise reveal last year either. Maybe another surprise is coming. Then again, it may be that the rest of the year is spent just promoting stuff when already know about.

My sister says she thinks hopes that the reason they're so secretive and taking so long with the game is because so the first time in a long time they wanna do a worldwide release all on the game day of the games release in JPN. This way if everyone gets it, no one spoils anyone else. Everyone can play it at the same time. I agree with her. I'd add to that theory that they want to fully make the game and release it before anyone (other devs) copy they techniques put into making the game.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
FF15 wasn't on their list when they did that surprise reveal last year either. Maybe another surprise is coming. Then again, it may be that the rest of the year is spent just promoting stuff when already know about.

My sister says she thinks hopes that the reason they're so secretive and taking so long with the game is because so the first time in a long time they wanna do a worldwide release all on the game day of the games release in JPN. This way if everyone gets it, no one spoils anyone else. Everyone can play it at the same time. I agree with her. I'd add to that theory that they want to fully make the game and release it before anyone (other devs) copy they techniques put into making the game.
I would have to agree with that as Hajime Tabata said something to allude to the fact that he'd like to do a worldwide release.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I would have to agree with that as Hajime Tabata said something to allude to the fact that he'd like to do a worldwide release.
Exactly! And how often is it that dev copy Square with RPG mechanics as soon as they make a FF that breaks the mold?! They were copied often with FF7 and 10. And One of the FMA games is mirrored after KH1 (not that it was a bad game). Mostly Capcom gets copied for their ideas with Street Fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom. Or how villain or weapon ideas are copied when characters get popular. These days you got to stay hush hush to get anything out before some mimics it.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I wouldn't bet on it. The fact that we haven't got anything substantial for over a year and a half now, when they promised the news hiatus was over, should tell you that something is very wrong here. Development hell.

Jul 29, 2014
Miami
I wouldn't bet on it. The fact that we haven't got anything substantial for over a year and a half now, when they promised the news hiatus was over, should tell you that something is very wrong here. Development hell.
I wonder if its a technology problem, Nomura butting heads with the higher-ups on this game's direction, or maybe a funding problem.

Square's always been technologically-savvy, so I'll strike that out.

But what if the company doesn't fully embrace what Nomura wants for XV? He wanted to keep it a PlayStation exclusive, but that got nixed. I even remember him commenting something along the lines of "ports are different from multiplat titles" & "whatever happens, Versus will be made specifically for the PS3" or something like that. Was bringing Hajime Tabata on board his sole decision? Valid questions, IMO.

And since this game has been in development since the dawn of time, perhaps Square's feeling the squeeze from its shareholders or financial backers. Let's also not forget that largely expensive Crystals Engine & the XIV snafu...

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
There was a PDF that was incomplete. That's what I recall from a few hours ago. This just got uploaded, I believe.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I expect it as well.

Not because they don't want it to be amazing... but I imagine they are tired as hell working on the same game for so long. Morale must be at an all time "meh"

I'm sure it can be great, but what if it actually released on time?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I was thinking, "Man, can you believe it's been more than a year since we saw anything new about the game?"

Then I immediately thought "Yes, yes I can".

Waiting for this game is sad.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Maybe at a certain point they want to be able to get the game out there while finding a middle ground between what they shot for and what they already have. As long as I have the battle system like it was in those recent trailers and can travel from place to place all over in a huge story while leveling up I'm good. I don't mind if a few ideas have to wait till they (maybe) do a sequel. Or get used in FF16. I guess if they have to cut something out let it be less vehicles or less shops and more equipment found in dungeons. But never sacrifice story length, locations to go, skills/spells to learn, or items to get.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I expect it as well.

Not because they don't want it to be amazing... but I imagine they are tired as hell working on the same game for so long. Morale must be at an all time "meh"

I'm sure it can be great, but what if it actually released on time?
I'm sure they want it to be amazing but they may not have a choice and be forced to cut things.

All I want to know is what is the current status of the game, how much work they have done (with footages/screenshots) and when will the game hit the market.
We are due for a release window and a live stage demo if you ask me.

Maybe at a certain point they want to be able to get the game out there while finding a middle ground between what they shot for and what they already have. As long as I have the battle system like it was in those recent trailers and can travel from place to place all over in a huge story while leveling up I'm good. I don't mind if a few ideas have to wait till they (maybe) do a sequel. Or get used in FF16. I guess if they have to cut something out let it be less vehicles or less shops and more equipment found in dungeons. But never sacrifice story length, locations to go, skills/spells to learn, or items to get.
Usually a ton of content is cut because of pacing issues, time and budget constraints and developers can't get something to work properly. With the way development is going, I would expect cut content and broken promises.

I immediately retract my earlier prediction, and will instead replace it with a new one.

No FFXV footage until around E3 of 2015. What follows that June will be a gradual stream of forthcoming info disclosures until the massive flood period of advertisements leading up to the release, which may occur within a year, so sometime in 2016 at the earliest.