The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Vampire91

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
At this point I really don't think FF XV will be at TGS. Type-0 HD is more likely given the fact that if the game is going to be released within the next year, FF XV is probably scheduled for a 2016 release (in Japan). I expect the game to show up at next E3.

ConceptX

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 1, 2014
United Kingdom
I think they HAVE to show at least Type-0, and hopefully XV at this point, the entire fanbase is basically looking at them to show it.

If not, I think they might have their own event for it in jan/feb, but I still think it's basically got to be at TGS.

It would be stupid not to have something new, it could always happen, but I'm going to lean towards a higher chance of XV being there, than not, hoping that presumed logic pulls through lol.

Type-0 came out of nowhere (for PS4), and SE seriously need the PS4 to build up much more in Japan, so much so, that the damn game (XV) could be finished right now, and they would still likely release it in 2016 because there just isn't that big a PS4 market yet, which sucks for us consumers and sucks for them.

Does anyone know a rich guy in Japan who can go buy a few mill ps4's? :D

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, they usually update the list the closer the event gets. I don't know, I didn't have much expectations before, but this no-show at the Sony Presser has left me very cold (I know it could be there anyways, but the Sony conference just made much more sense).

I seriously don't understand S-E: fans aren't asking (well, now we are, because it's been a year) for a full 3 minute trailer or something like that. I'd be really happy if they could just talk about it freely, give small interviews, publish from time to time some new pictures, concept art... But lol, no.

ConceptX

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 1, 2014
United Kingdom
Wow, I seriously hope that get's updated, it they do turn out to have nothing for XV, or even Type-0, that's just going to be...wow...

If XV or Type-0 are going to be there, what purpose does it serve to not add them to the list for a few days or week, this close to the event, makes no sense to me except to try and tease it a bit more, but the problem with that is, people don't trust them so the tease aspect just turns into an annoyance of dragging out confirming it won't be there to the very last minute.

But as others have said, it's missing some things, so, hurry up and publish a TGS page Square!

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Those listings are only for the games that will be playable, on the floor. It's not like the game was listed for E3 '13, either.

I suppose our best bet for XV at TGS is a closed-theater showing of it and/or Type-0. KH III would be great, but is still incredibly early in development, and they already filled their quota for this year by releasing that teaser - which is actually the game's opening!

You know, I was thinking about this last night. Imagine if, looking historically on XV (whenever it's released), one thinks "Final Fantasy XV was released in 2016...", that would be pretty lousy, wouldn't it?

Given the countless holdups and parallels to Duke Nukem Forever, I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the reality.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Don't think that list is finished at all...
Worth noting that S-E already confirmed that Bravely Second will be playable at TGS. So it won't just be a video.
It was announced that Dragon Quest Heroes is going to be at TGS, so no way this list is finished.

Not to mention that Bravely Second does have a release date which is Winter.
But time to expect the worst. :p

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Seriously people need to put more thought into their topics before they post them. From what i gather from here, neogaf, and gamefaqs those are just playable on the floor. Apparently square still has a megatheater, possible stage demos, as well as any other surprises they may have.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
It's honestly tough to say. With the recent developments of Type-0 and Dragon Quest, I fear Se may want to focus on those instead of bringing attention to XV. Only time will tell, however.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Last edited:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Yeah. Just wait till TGS. SE has there Live Channel going on, stage events where games show up that are not on the line up or publicly playable.

Also, I trust shinobi, that bodes well.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
You know you can edit your posts instead of making 2,3,4 straight posts right?

As for Shinobi, I recall him saying something about Halo 5. Not sure what it was though.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Its not going to be there Square announced type 0 so they can last another year without announcements next years e3/tgs it will defiantly be there with playable demos and release dates.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
What? I already made up my mind. Only thing that will change it is if some well known insider hints it's going to be there. Otherwise, my bet is on it not showing up.